Fruits, vegetables ... jarring is a great way to save money and enjoy healthy products all year long. Do you want to start? Our tips for succeeding your jars.
- Choose mature, fresh and healthy fruits or vegetables. Sort them to remove those that are damaged.
- Wash the jars in hot, soapy water, then rinse thoroughly before allowing them to air dry. Or wash them in the dishwasher.
- Fill the jars by packing the prepared fruits or vegetables lightly, then cover them with the syrup or water, but leave a minimum of 2 cm of vacuum at the top under the lid. Clean the edge of the jar well before closing it.
- If using rubber washer jars, place these washers in boiling water and use them only once.
- Once your jars are finished and possibly sterilized, stick a label indicating the date of manufacture so as to respect the maximum period of one year of conservation.
Preserves, freezing: our recipes and tips.