The outbreak of gastroenteritis is already back and even ahead! In some regions, the epidemic threshold of 170 cases per 100,000 inhabitants has already been crossed. The most affected regions are: Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, Hauts-de-France and Grand Est, Pays de Loire and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.
The outbreak of gastroenteritis has reached the epidemic threshold of 170 cases per 100,000 inhabitants. Here are the main good habits to avoid to avoid contagion:
- Remember to wash your hands and the children's hands at home after using public transport.
- Do not forget to wash your hands before / after eating and after using the toilet.
- Be sure to follow the hygiene instructions when cooking: it is recommended to wash the food, to prepare it on a clean work surface, and to cook it well.
- Avoid sharing objects such as toothbrushes, glasses, cutlery.
- Do not drink from the bottle if it is shared by other members of the family.
If despite all these recommendations a gastro-enteritis could not be avoided and pending the consultation of a doctor, here is the advice of Dr. Catherine Porte-Arondelle to treat it:
- "It is possible to get rid of the virus in 48 hours.We recommend the patient to rehydrate with mineral water or broth, as well as lightly sweetened drinks.It is also advisable to rest your digestive system for 24 hours: it is then recommended to consume fractional liquid or semi-liquid foods avoiding the consumption of fresh fruits or raw vegetables, soft drinks and milk products based on whole milk.It is necessary to reintroduce progressively, in a second time, the starchy foods. Meat, well-cooked fish, and biscuits If the symptoms persist and worsen, you should consult your doctor to prescribe appropriate treatment.
The Sentinelles network map
Source Sentiweb and Mondial Assistance
Updated October 24, 2019