Like the chicken, the rabbit is a low fat meat and rich in high quality protein. Enjoy it with this Asian recipe by adapting the trimmings according to the season, and also the remains of the cupboard.
For 2 people
- 4 bunny fillets
- 1 sweet potato (about 300 g) and 1 tsp. Mexican spices (optional)
- 3 small new carrots
- 5 new turnips, 2 new small fennels
- Hummus of beans: 250 g of cooked beans + 1 lemon + ground spices (coriander and cumin) + 1 clove of garlic +1 small new onion + aromatic herbs (fresh thyme, coriander, mint)
- 200 g cooked bulgur or quinoa
- Asian sauce (light soy sauce, sauce for nem ...)
- olive oil
- salt pepper
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
Peel the sweet potato and cut into french fries. Mix with 1 tbsp. tablespoon oil, Mexican spices and a pinch of salt. Spread on a non-stick plate and bake for 20 minutes.
Peel carrots as needed, slice them into tagliatelle (using a mandolin) or grate them. Cut turnips and fennel into small quarters or grate. Steam carrots, turnips and fennel for 10 minutes or keep them uncooked.
Mix the beans with the grated lemon rind and a dash of lemon juice, 1 tsp of cumin and 1c. coffee of coriander, clove of garlic, aromatic herbs, salt and pepper. Add olive oil gradually until smooth and creamy.
Cut the rabbit fillets into bite-size cuts. Season with salt and fry in oil for about 5 minutes. Pepper at the end of cooking.
In 2 soup plates, divide the sweet potato fries, the vegetables, the cereals and the bites of rabbit. Pour in the center the bean hummus. Serve with a little Asian sauce.
Photo: CLIPP- S'CUIZ IN