What if you made a gourmet advent calendar? Make shortbreads that you cut into hearts, firs, stars, Christmasmen with cookie cutters, then decorate them like a chef with royal icing.
For 25 shortbread, you need:
- 300 g flour • 200 g softened butter • 100 g sugar • 1 egg white • 1 tbsp. powdered vanilla • 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder • 1 tbsp. powdered ginger • 1 tbsp. coffee beans of anise • 1 tbsp. tablespoon oil • 1 pinch of salt
- For icing: 1 egg white • 1 tbsp. lemon juice • 100 g icing sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour, softened butter, sugar, salt and egg white slightly beaten.
- Mix the dough with the spices. Roll it into a ball and let it rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (item 6).
- Lower the dough to 5 mm thick and cut out Christmas patterns with a cookie cutter. Using a large straw or a Chinese baguette, dig into each cake a small hole. Lightly oil the baking sheet and place the shortbread on it. Bake for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- Mix the beaten egg white into firm snow with the lemon juice and icing sugar. Decorate your shortbreads with the icing, using a fine brush and let dry.
- Pass a ribbon in the holes, tie small red knots as in the photo and hang your decorations on a string.
Other advent calendar ideas.
DIY, recipes, gifts ... find all our Christmas information