On the occasion of the closing of the States General of childhood, Nadine Morano, Secretary of State for the Family, announced the creation of a "parental booklet", which will remind parents of their duties towards their child, and she underlined the importance of the individual interview of the 4th month, which should be systematically proposed to pregnant women. (News from 17/06/10)
Nadine Morano, Secretary of State for the Family closed on June 16, 2010 at the Sorbonne the States General of childhood, whose five major issues had been defined last November 20 by Nicolas Sarkozy:
- Better identify children at risk by improving the flow of information.
- Better positioning for social work
- Prevention and support parenting.
- Better consideration of precarious situations.
- Reflection around dangerous games.
Creating a parental booklet
- To better surround the parentsNadine Morano announced the creation of a "parental booklet". Distributed to parents from January 2011, together with the health book, it will define in a simple way the needs of the child and their evolution with the age and the duties of both parents towards their child. A kind of written contract.
Reminder of the importance of the maintenance of the 4th month
- Always in order to better identify families in difficulty, well before birth, Nadine Morano recalled the importance of the individual interview of the 4th month, main measure of the perinatal plan. "It is almost never used, I wish it is systematically proposed It is a medical interview but also psychological and social that allows to hear the questions of parents," said Secretary of State.
- A circular from the Ministry of Health will be sent to the Regional Health Agencies to remind them of the importance of this interview.