You dreamed only of a girl or a boy, but the echo has just revealed that the sex of your baby is not the one hoped for ... To feel disappointment is very common in this case: discover the 3 golden rules to manage and exceed it.
First golden rule: do not feel guilty
- The disappointment at the announcement of the baby's sex during the ultrasound is often accompanied by a feeling of guilt: it is important to fight against it, because it only aggravates the malaise. For example, many expectant mothers bitterly reproach themselves for being sad and disappointed, while a baby is in good health, their pregnancy is going well, there are so many women who dream of carrying a child, and so on.
- If you recognize yourself in this description, rest assured: your disappointment is not abnormal and you really have no reason to feel guilty. You have just "lost" the idealized future that you imagined with your boy or girl. What's more natural than being disappointed?
Second rule: talk about what you are experiencing
- To isolate oneself in disappointment and sorrow is not a good idea. It's better to talk about how you feel to quickly regain your spirits. If you do not dare to do so with your loved ones for fear of being misjudged, confide in your midwife or obstetrician, who will find the words to reassure you.
- Another idea: consult the Internet forums for pregnant women. You will find without difficulty other moms who have lived the same thing as you ... What does not stop them from being now happy with their child!
- Do not hesitate to consult a psychologist if you are really too anxious about the sex of your future baby: it will help you understand the exact source of the problem (fear of reproducing the same relationship as with your mother if you have a girl, afraid that your boy is as tyrannical as your brother in your youth) and live your pregnancy more serenely.
Third rule: keep patience
- Most of the time, it takes a little patience for the disappointment to give way to the happiness of waiting for a child and the impatience to finally hold him in his arms. It only takes a few weeks or months to fully accept the idea of having a little girl instead of a boy (and vice versa). In other cases, it is necessary to wait until the birth of baby so that the problem is totally solved: nothing of such that its crispy face to sweep away any feeling of disappointment! In short, do not worry: eventually you will be a fulfilled mother.
Baby sex: our file
And do you want to know baby sex? Our survey