Before the end of their pregnancy, expectant mothers often experience more or less intense contractions. This may be a false job. But it is not necessarily clear to make a clear distinction between false work and real contractions that announce the imminent arrival of baby. There are signs that make a difference.
What exactly is a false job?
- False work in late pregnancy results in regular contractions more or less intense. The pain is mainly in the lower abdomen and extends to the back. However, these contractions do not announce the arrival of baby. It is for this reason that we speak of false work.
- These various symptoms generally disappear within a few hours after taking an antispasmodic administered by a health professional. In the meantime, it is strongly recommended that the mother-to-be breathe deeply and adopt the position that will allow her to bear the best possible pain (lying, standing, leaning against a piece of furniture, sitting on a pregnancy balloon ...).
- Be aware, moreover, that false work usually takes place just days before the arrival of baby.
First sign of a false job: the cervix remains closed
- If you experience severe contractions at the end of your pregnancy when you are not quite finished, your gynecologist or midwife will do a quick review to determine whether or not the work has started. The most significant sign of a false job is the cervix. If it is not dilated and if it is still positioned back, baby will still be a little desire!
A false job is distinguished by the nature of contractions felt
- It is often very difficult to clearly distinguish the signs of a false job, especially if it is a first pregnancy that offers no point of comparison. To be clear, you have to pay attention to the nature of the contractions. If they are characterized by a sharp pain but relatively regular, it is undoubtedly a false job. If, on the contrary, they evolve and become more and more close together, longer and more painful, they probably announce imminent childbirth.
To recognize a false job, pay attention to how you feel
- Shortly before the arrival of baby, your body makes the last transformations necessary to welcome your little one of baby. This one progresses in the basin in order to facilitate the expulsion. Partially freeing your lungs and stomach, you feel more comfortable breathing and your digestion improves greatly. In addition, dilation of the cervix is accompanied by brown losses. This is the mucous plug that drains before delivery. If you do not feel any of these symptoms, your contractions certainly reflect a false job.