"My tailor is rich" ... you know. With your schoolboy, it is from the CE1 that you will dive into a language bath. Find out how it works in class and how to go home with this learning English.
- From grade 1 through cycle III, your child takes his or her first steps in a foreign language, most often English. History to become familiar before entering 6th.
When does it start?
- From CE1, teaching becomes compulsory and is continued in CE2, CM1 and CM2. Discovery times are sometimes proposed before, depending on the skills of the teacher.
In class, how long does it last?
- Programs advocate 1 h 30 weeklye. This learning is divided into three 30-minute sessions when the classroom teacher provides it, or two 45-minute sessions for an outside worker.
How does one go about it?
- Appeal. The teaching is oral and is based on fun activities. Your child, like many others, will certainly find these sessions attractive: songs, nursery rhymes, lotto games with colors, memory of the vocabulary with the help of cards, small scenes to play ...
- Rituals. To these activities, the teacher will add ritualized times during the day such as greetings, the call of the children present, those who eat at the canteen, that he will perform in the language studied and during exceptional moments in other subjects: group games in sport like the beret - children will be numbered in this new language.