Between today and Thursday, 2 specially chartered aircraft from the Quai d'Orsay will leave Paris in the direction of Port-au-Prince, the Haitian capital. They will allow many families to fetch 318 Haitian children being adopted to bring them back to France. (News of 21/12/10)
Relief after long months of uncertainty
- France is one of the first host countries Haitian children for adoption.
- The earthquake of January 12, 2010 killed 250,000 people, left hundreds of thousands homeless and caused an epidemic of cholera.
- Since January 2010, 700 children Haitians have already arrived in France.
- All legal steps of adoption Haitian children have been slowed since this disaster.
- December 12, the Haitian authorities authorized the departure of 318 children, whose adoption procedure was finalized.
- These children should join France by the end of the week.