How to offer his children faced with allergy to gluten recipes both fun and tasty? Here are 4 funny and tasty ideas from Frédérique Barral's book "Meal of Gluten-Free Children" published by Terre Vivante.
Cake chenille with dried tomato
Fluffy and tasty, this adorable caterpillar devours itself in slices.
- For 1 cake (12 slices)
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Material: 1 cake mold (25 x 10 x 8 cm)
- 210 g of rice flour
- 90 g of potato starch
- 12 g of baking powder
- 6 medium eggs
- 100 g of neutral-flavored sunflower oil
- 260 g of warm rice milk (30 to 35 ° C)
- 60 g dried tomato petals
- 4 beautiful pinches of dried oregano
- 4 pinches of salt
- 1 turn of black pepper mill
- ½ cherry tomato
- 1 hard egg white
- 1 black olive
- 2 long sprigs of chives
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Using a whisk, mix the flour, starch, baking powder and eggs. Gradually add the sunflower oil and the milk.
- Add the dried tomato petals cut in small cubes, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix with a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin with a little olive oil and bake for 25 minutes. Increase the oven temperature to 210 ° C and continue cooking for another 20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and turn out on a serving platter.
- Slice the cake and represent the head of a caterpillar on the first slice. Arrange a half cherry tomato for the nose, two slices of egg white for the eyes, two small pieces of black olive for the pupils and two long sprigs of chives for the antennas.
- VARIANT : you can replace the dried tomato petals and oregano with pieces of black olive and herbs from Provence.
Gluten-free meal for children: 50 organic and fun recipes for little gourmets
The book "Gluten free children's meal"offers 50 entertaining and gourmet recipes for children who must eat gluten-free. These recipes developed under the supervision of a dietician-nutritionist specializing in gluten-free food are classified in three age groups, corresponding to the crucial periods of the evolution of food: 7 months to 3 years, 3 to 6 years, 6 in 10 years. Frédérique Barral, confronted with her daughter with celiac disease, chose to cultivate the positive sides through new products, new flavors and new culinary experiences. Michèle Panivello-Lucchesi is a dietician-nutritionist, teacher and lecturer in dietetics, especially about gluten-free.
"Gluten free children's meal", 1coll. Cook without ed. Living earth € 14. In bookshops, garden centers, organic shops and on boutique.terrevivante.org
Other recipes following pages ...
1 2 3 4