Psychomotor learning, enhancement of the child but also dependence, insecurity ... the relationship between the child and the web is complex. Here are our tips to unravel the good of dangerous and better accompany your little surfer.
Budding Internet users
- Today, children live in the age of the Internet from an early age: many specialized sites and applications for 2-6 years are offered on the web. But should your child use them, would not it be better to play outside with a ball or to have fun with his cubes or his Lego?
- "One does not prevent the other, reassures Michael Stora, psychologist for children and adolescents, specialist in new technologies.Of course between 3 and 6 years a child needs to conduct all kinds of psychomotor experiences, emotional and cognitive through games with his body, manipulations, construction, etc. The websites will simply be a tool among others, a "more" in a way, "he notes.
- Another legitimate concern of some parents: Faced with this fascinating tool, can not a child risk getting caught up and neglecting other hobbies? "I have never seen a computer screen addiction at this age! The interactive gesture that the young child has to perform solicits a lot: he is tired so fast and rarely spend more than twenty minutes on this activity" , says Michael Stora again.
Internet: the reasons for the fascination
- This fascination of the Internet on toddlers, you would like to understand it! Why is this computer and this mouse or tablet so irresistible? They are simply part of everyday objects in your child's environment. Normal that he wants to touch it! Then, as soon as your learner has managed to tame the mouse, the fascination goes up a notch. Why ? Very quickly, he understands that by acting with his hand on the mouse, it causes an effect on the screen, it can trigger an event or stop it.
- The opinion of Michael Stora, psychologist: "The computer is marked by the emotional imprint of his parents: the child sees them doing exciting things, it creates in him the desire to appropriate this object, then it is the sensation of having a power over the world, to hold it in his hands that delighted him so why deprive him of it? "