Practical and often appreciated by babies as soon as they sit down, the park can provide many services. What is it used for ? How to choose it, use it? We go around in 6 questions.
1. The park, at what age to put his baby?
- You can put your baby in a park around 6-7 months, as soon as your baby is sitting. There is no point in putting it too early: it is as good in its deckchair or lying on a covered-re posed on the ground. The golden age of the park is 9-12 months, the age when your toddler wants to stand up and practice taking his first steps along a stable support.
2. What is the park for?
- It allows your baby to strengthen his arms and legs: by gripping the walls of his park, he will be able to lift his buttocks off the ground by pulling on his arms and pushing on his legs. He thus experiences the standing up in a safe place. He fumbles, falls back, gets up ...
- The park allows him to move with both hands at first, then with one hand, according to the technique called "cabotage". In front of the vast world, only the park gives your baby the feeling of going around a territory, like a big one.
- It gives him the opportunity to experiment inside and out, when he throws objects "outside" his park, among others. Who will be nice enough to bring them back to "inside"? Guess ...
- It offers him relative autonomy. In his park, your child is in a place of his own: the big do not have the right of entry! He can calmly do his experiments without being constantly under the gaze of the adult.
- He ensures his safety. The cell phone or the phone rings, a pan is on the fire and your baby is crawling on all fours ... Have the reflex to install it in his park. Many domestic accidents can be avoided.
- Be careful however, the park is not there to ensure your safety, it is not a "garage to baby". It is better to move away from the objects you hold than to keep your little explorer in a safe place as soon as he can move.
3. What kind of park to choose for baby?
- Today there is a multitude of models, plastic, metal, cushion, net, wood, the latter two being the most used.
- The richest model is undoubtedly the traditional park with wooden bars. The net park has a limited use: it is adapted to the smallest by the absence of hard surfa-ce that avoids shocks. But then, this flexibility becomes a disadvantage: when the baby wants to stand up, it does not ensure as good catch as the wooden bar. It has a much smaller floor area than the wooden park. At first, as long as the child does not get up, it is better to line the park with wooden cushions.
- As far as safety is concerned, always check that the model chosen includes (on the product itself or the packaging) the words "in compliance with safety requirements" certifying that the product complies with the standards defined by the decree of 20 December 1991 concerning articles. of childcare.
4. How to appreciate the baby park?
- By using it in small doses ... Some babies love their park and can stay there for a long time, but most of the time, after half an hour, they want to do something else. Remember to install toys, stuffed toys, books, a gantry ... in this park. This space must offer a wealth of objects that your baby does not find elsewhere (but no question of course either to put an avalanche of objects that could be dangerous, everything is in the measure).
- Try to put the park in the room where you are, because a lot of little park residents are actually babies who do not like being alone at all. Finally, never use the park when you are a little angry against your baby: it will soon be assimilated to a punishment.
- Your toddler does not appreciate but not at all this "enclosure"? Do not insist ! Thousands of babies have passed from park and found support points around them to get up: chairs, coffee tables ... Just make sure that these objects are stable enough not to collapse under the weight of your apprentice walker.
5; Is it an indispensable purchase?
- The life of the park is short, just a few months. As it remains a relatively expensive investment, many ma-men are hesitant to take the plunge. If you do not know anyone who can lend it to you, try to find a second one, pass an advertisement to the nursery, the bakery ... Again, make sure that it includes the words "conform to the requirements of security". Be careful, for example, older wooden models whose iron hinges can pinch your fingers ... Why not partner with a mom of a younger baby? You buy it for two and you lend it to you in good time.
6. The park, how old are you?
- As soon as your baby walks with confidence, he no longer enjoys being in his park. The latter becomes for him a prison, an obstacle to his thirst for discovery. The park has become too small for its taste of exploration. It is useful to keep it for some time as well when you need to know it safely. If you have space, you can keep it installed and use it as a lint box. Later, around 18 months to 2 years, your toddler will enjoy returning, climbing the bars alone: he will come to seek a refuge, a cozy cocoon, much like he would use a small cabin. Children love enclosed places, as long as they do not feel like prisoners ...