Jewel, pebble, cabbage, knee ... Ready to revise your classics? Your child addresses an essential foundation of spelling. To master absolutely! Here's how it works in class and how to help at home.
- The name and number are given in gender and number with the words attached to it. This is familiar to you? This basic rule must become an automatism for your child.
When does it start?
- From the CP, your child has been sensitized to the agreements between the name and the little words that accompany it. He learned to note the "s" when the name is accompanied by the or the "e" of small when it accompanies girl while he disappears when accompanying boy.
- At CE1, agreements in the nominal group are worked more systematically.
- In cycle III, children must identify and make chord chains in the nominal group. They must know the chord rules and apply them in writing situations, including dictation.
In class, how long does it last?
- At CP, all the reading materials used in the classroom led to observations on chords in the nominal group.
- At CE1, in the first quarter, a 45-minute week-long series is devoted to a systematic study of the rules of agreement throughout the year. It is especially in situation of production of writing (dictation or written expression) that your child works these rules (plural of the names essentially and agreement in the determining chain, name, adjective).
- In cycle III, and especially at CE2, teaching moves to a daily sequence of 45 minutes to one hour throughout the first term. The notions are often reviewed throughout the cycle in the form of revision exercises, dictations and corrections of writing productions.
1 2 3