Until then, your child could still count on these fingers! But the quantities are increasing ... The good beginning? Teach him to do the right thing. In class, find out how it works and follow our tips to give it a boost at home.
- Remember : 8 + 3 = 11, I put 1 and I remember 1 ... The addition posed to restraint represents the only operation that your child must know at the end of CE1. Good news: the techniques known to parents do not differ from those used today in the classroom. The conflicts of explanation - "we did not do like that of my time" or "the teacher said not to do like that" - should not yet appear. Enjoy it, subtraction approach ... Help your child to approach this operation rather simple with method and rigor, it will serve for other operations to pose in columns.
When does it start?
- From the CP, your schoolboy had an introduction to the addition: calculating sums online, memorizing addition tables from 1 to 9 and, above all, solving small problems. He tackled the complements at 10 (how much does it add to 3 to make 10?), And then started asking the additions without restraint.
- At CE1, these different themes are all reviewed and your child is confronted with the addition with restraint from the 1st quarter. The addition technique (in columns) is required at the end of CE1. However, official programs predict that memorization, rapid reconstruction, and use of addition tables are reviewed in Cycle III. The difficulties are getting tougher, but the method is the same.
In class, how long does it last?
- Adding a bill is a job recurrent of the year of CE1. Your child meets her in problem solving, but also simply during training exercises with one or more additions to perform.
- In general, the technique is explained in the first quarter, but regular reminders are put in place all year long.
1 2 3