Angiom, should we worry?

Angiom, should we worry?

"Angel kiss, stork clip, strawberry, raspberry ..." Nice names for spots on your baby's skin. They are not serious, but sometimes very invasive.

What is called angioma?

  • There are many types of angiomas. It is a multiplication and anarchic dilation of the vessels and their cells with the consequence of the appearance of a red mass in relief or a more or less voluminous pink spot. 10% of babies are carriers.
  • Tuberous angioma (hemangioma, raspberry appearance) appears more frequently on the face.
  • On the other hand, angioma plan (wine stain) is born on any area of ​​the body. It can be on the face, upper part of the trunk or limbs. Two very frequent angiomas must be set aside: this is the case of the "stork's forceps" located at the base of the neck or the "kiss of the angel" which sits between the two eyebrows and eventually affects the eyelids.

What is their evolution?

  • It all depends on their type and location. The vast majority of tuberous angiomas form a red spot during the first days of life, grow in a variable and unpredictable way, stabilize and ... disappear.
  • 97% of these strawberries or raspberries do not talk about them at the age of 7 years. The remaining 3% will give some scars or sequelae. Planar angiomas persist during the course of life and can sometimes thicken. The small, pale pink lesions located between the eyes or on the eyelids do not require any treatment and fade during the first year. Except for the "Stork's Claw"! Hidden by the hair, it does not lend itself to consequence.

1 2