Want an exceptional dessert for the weekend or for parties? Chef Anne-Sophie Pic gives you the recipe for eggs in the snow in coconut shell. A delight! Your young scullion may even give you a little help.
Eggs with coconut hulls, banana-passion foam
Ingredients for 4 persons
For the eggs with the snow: 5 egg whites, 62 g caster sugar, 1 half lime zest, 200 g roasted coconut roasted. For the custard: 100 g liquid cream, 100 g milk, 1 vanilla pod, 2 egg yolks, 36 g caster sugar. For the fruit emulsion: 150 g of mixed passion, 50 g of mixed banana, 25 g of caster sugar, 120 g of liquid cream.
- Beat the yolks and sugar until the mixture whitens.
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape the beans.
- Add them to the cream and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then let steep and pour over the egg and sugar mixture while beating.
- Pour back into the saucepan and heat until thick, keeping turning with a wooden spoon.
- Book fresh.
- Mix the two fruit purees, sugar and cream and pour into a siphon and place in the fridge.
- For the whites, beat the egg whites with the sugar and zest.
- Fill four small bowls with this mixture and microwave for 30 seconds at 900 W.
- Unmould, then cut into a cookie cutter.
- Roll each cylinder in the roasted coconut.
- Pour the custard in 4 cups, spread over the foam with the siphon.
- Drop a blank in each cup and serve immediately.
Scook Recipes to receive, by Anne-Sophie Pic, ed. Practical Hatchet, 14,90 €.